Adrian Kerr, Head of Construction and Partner, Mills Selig alongside Conor Mulligan, Construction Solicitor, Mills Selig will present an informative and practical training event on Construction Adjudication, designed to equip professionals with essential knowledge and skills in navigating the complexities of dispute resolution in the construction industry.
This session will cover the following key aspects:
- What is Adjudication? Understand the fundamental concept of adjudication and its role in resolving disputes within the construction sector.
- When to Use It Learn to identify scenarios where adjudication is the most appropriate and effective method of dispute resolution.
- The Purpose of Adjudication Delve into the overarching objectives of adjudication and how it serves the interests of all parties involved.
- The Process of Adjudication Gain insights into the step-by-step process of adjudication, from the Notice of Adjudication to the enforcement of the adjudicator's decision.
- The Timetable Understand the time constraints associated with adjudication and how to effectively manage the process within a specified timetable.
- Who Are Adjudicators? Explore the role and qualifications of adjudicators and understand how they contribute to the resolution of construction disputes.
- The Scheme Familiarise yourself with the Construction Industry Scheme and its implications for adjudication proceedings.
- The Notice of Adjudication – When to Issue/What to Do if One is Received Understand the significance of the Notice of Adjudication, including when to issue it and how to respond if you receive one.
- The Referral Notice – When to Issue/What to Do if One is Received Explore the importance of the Referral Notice, its timing, and appropriate responses when receiving one.
- Smash and Grab Delve into the concept of "smash and grab" adjudications and how to navigate such situations effectively.
- The Adjudicator's Decision Learn about the characteristics and implications of the adjudicator's decision and its role in resolving disputes.
- Costs Gain insights into the cost implications of adjudication and strategies for managing costs effectively.
- Enforcement in Court Explore the process of enforcing adjudicators' decisions in court and understand the legal aspects involved.
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your understanding of Construction Adjudication and acquire practical skills that will prove invaluable to you.
Mills Selig is a commercial law firm specialising in construction and property law, as well as corporate, litigation, insolvency, licensing and private client law.
Click here to learn why Mills Selig is the law firm of choice for business in Northern Ireland.
CEF members – free of charge
Non-CEF members - £100
Register now for this comprehensive training event!